The Best Linux Distro Ever!
Chit Chat  »  General  »  The Best Linux Distro Ever!

User
Posted: Wed, 6th Nov 2013 4:59 PM

I get asked alot what the best linux distro is, and I've seen grown men (and woman) fight for hours in irc chat about the subject. The answer is very very simple. What is the best distro? None of em, and all of em. Absolutley no distro you install is gonna suit you to a tee, and any distro you install will suit you to a tee. What is a distro really? It's a base (debian, ubuntu, fedora, ect), and a desktop environment (xfce, lxde, gnome, kde, ect), and a set of programs and or scripts someone has put together. When you install a distro onto your system its something someone or alot of someones decided that's the best set up they can come up with, and that includes Windows and MAC.

The best thing to do is to find a desktop environment your PC plays well with if its an older PC try Linux Mint Xfce version. If it has alittle more pep try Linux Mint Cinnamon. If you have an up to date PC try Ubuntu with Unity. Once you find a distro your PC runs well, and likes then set it up how YOU want it. Install themes add and remove programs you want not what someone else thought you needed. If your young and feel the need to be leet, install just a base and build your own desktop. The choices are endless.

What matters most is your PC is happy, and not overheating or freezing or crashing, and then comes your happiness. You can add, and remove parts of the desktop, and add programs that you will use not just sit in the menu and look pretty. I find that a base install of Linux Mint 13 xfce with plank, slingshot, skippy-xd, Whisker Menu, and a made by me conky is great for me and my single core dinosaur. If I had a newer PC Id be rocking Ubuntu unity, or Linux Mint Cinnamon for sure. But there are othrr options like Fedora, PCLinuxOS, Mandriva and many many more, but I always find a debian base to be the most stable and less headachey. But the end choice belongs to you and your PC, and not some group of people deciding for you.

http://distrowatch.com/

User
Posted: Mon, 18th May 2020 12:16 AM

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molinux para Pc´s con pocos recursos, lentos, etc... Hoy día no existe como tal Molinux Zero, pero en Argentina siguieron el proyecto con otro nombre bújcalo y encontrálo pibe

Shalom Jerusalem
User
Posted: Mon, 18th May 2020 12:18 AM

Molinux Zero se basó en Puppy Linux 4.2 y requería un computador que tuviera al menos un procesador a 166MHz, 32Mb Ram y Espacio de intercambio de 64Mb Recomendado, unidad CDROM 20x y alrededor de 453Mb de disco duro. Dispuso de una versión CDLive y que se podía instalar fácilmente en unidades USB, las hoy descontinuadas unidades Zip y discos duros.

Shalom Jerusalem
User
Posted: Mon, 18th May 2020 12:23 AM

Shalom Jerusalem
User
Posted: Sat, 16th Apr 2022 4:09 AM

How can we run the chat messenger in Linux I'm running Ubuntu but as soon I go into the chat room gives me a error message. I even try Wineqh and it's running with the same issue any help ?

User
Posted: Fri, 8th Nov 2013 3:47 AM

Right On RAge

User
Posted: Mon, 18th May 2020 12:15 AM

Shalom Jerusalem